Below is a list of presentations and workshops at the 2021 conference
that are offering continuing education credit hours
Note: Speakers and Schedules are Subject to Change
There are a total of 10 CE credit hours available for this year's conference, depending on which events you attend. We have two different CE packages:
1. The BASIC PACKAGE is for the general conference sessions (Friday night keynote and all day Saturday). To receive five CE credits hours, you must attend ALL the CE-approved presentations (we will be tracking attendance), and the CE cost will be $30.
2. The ADVANCED PACKAGE is for the separately-priced pre-and post-conference workshops. Each workshop you purchase offers 2.5 CE credit hours. The cost for those credits will be $15 per workshop.
You won't have to pay for them until after the conference is over and you attendance at the various presentations has been confirmed.
The following schedule will help you plan your attendance.
|THU. JUNE 24||PACIFIC||CENTRAL||EASTERN||CE HOURS|
|12:00 - 2:30||2:00 - 4:30||3:00 - 5:30||2.5|
|FRI. JUNE 25||PACIFIC||CENTRAL||EASTERN|
|Dr. Robert Thurman:
How to Die Like a Buddhist
|2:30 - 3:45||4:30 -5:45||5:30-6:45||1|
|SAT. JUNE 26||PACIFIC||CENTRAL||EASTERN|
in Clinical Settings -
Jeff Black MD
|9:20 - 10:20 am||11:20 am - 12:20 pm||12:20 - 1:20 pm||1|
of the Dying - Dr. Ken Doka
|10:30 am - 11:30 pm||12:30 - 1:30 pm||1:30 - 2:30 pm||1|
and Spiritual Awakenings - Phil Borges
|1:30 - 2:30||3:30 - 4:30||4:30 - 5:30||1|
|Shamans in the ICU:
Adding the Mystic to Medicine -
David Steinhorn and Jana Din
|3:50- 4:50||5:50 -6:50||6:50 -7:50||1|
|SUN. JUNE 27||PACIFIC||CENTRAL||EASTERN|
|Workshop: Death as a Rite of Passage
with Kitty Edwards
|1:00 - 3:30||3:00 - 5:30||4:00 - 6:30||2.5|
ABOUT OUR CEs
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
• CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA) which
is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Academy is approved by the American
Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual
Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
• The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and
LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American
• LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than
California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept
programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
• SCA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for
licensed nurses in California. RNs must retain this document for 4 years after the course
concludes. SCA is an approved CE provider for National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches
(CEP Number 100196)
• For questions about enrolling in CE or receiving your Certificate of Attendance,
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 971-236-1541
For other questions about CE contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com