How To Receive Messages from The Other Side
This is an exercise in channeled writing and after-death communication. Even if you've never tried to receive messages from the Other Side, this exercise can help open that door. The hardest part is allowing yourself to come to a place of absolute trust in what you receive. We're not talking about partial trust… the trust has to be absolute. You have to leave behind your mind, your beliefs, your ego, your expectations, your fears and even your intentions.
It might take a few minutes or it might take a few years. All you have to do is receive and trust.
1. Set the scene. You may wish to light a candle or create sacred space in some other way. Heartfelt meditative music is also quite helpful. Make sure nobody can disturb you. Turn off the phone.
2. Before you begin, say a little prayer asking for the conduit to be opened. Breathe deeply and relax. Ask your guides to assist you. The moment you ask, they will arrive.
3. Sit down with paper and pen (or at your computer) and begin by writing, "Dear (your name)." You may focus on a loved one on the Other Side if you wish, or you can ask for messages from guides, religious figures or angels.
4. Start writing. Write anything at all. You will immediately feel self-conscious and foolish and say to yourself, "This is stupid. This is just me talking to myself. I'm just writing what I think I'm supposed to hear." That's OK. Everybody thinks that at first. Just keep writing. Don’t stop.
5. Write down everything that comes to you, no matter how irrelevant it seems. Do you see an image of a baseball or an apple tree? Write it down… "I see a baseball." Follow that thought as far as you can. Are you hearing words or phrases? Seeing colors? Smelling or tasting something? Did your dog suddenly start barking? Write it all down. These are all messages. Don't stop trusting. These are messages from the other side. This is the true definition of faith.
6. The only thing that will stops you from receiving is your own doubts. You will stop yourself a hundred times during this process to indulge your doubts, fears and rationalizations, and that's OK. Just keep going. Guides and loved ones in the higher realms make an effort to reach us, and our doubts create interference. They need our participation in order to reach us. Ask your guides to help remove your doubts.
7. Do this exercise for as long as it's comfortable. When it starts to feel forced, it's time to stop. You might be able to do this for ten minutes or ten seconds. But if you sincerely want to make contact, you will keep trying and eventually you will have success.
8. Sometimes we receive very clear verbal messages… pages and pages of words. And sometimes we receive symbolic messages, like a song or the sound of a train. Write it all down and don't worry if it doesn't immediately make sense to you. You can analyze it later. If you receive these things with an open mind and an open heart, they will eventually begin to tell a story.
9. You will know that you're receiving transmissions from The Divine (and communication from the dead) because the words, the writing, the feeling, the energy, will not feel like YOU. It will become automatic. It will flow freely and easily, because you've taken your fear, ego and personality out of the way. You will absolutely recognize this feeling when it comes. For some people it happens in seconds. For others it can take years.
10. Don’t give up. This is not a special gift. It is your birthright.
Copyright 2007 - Terri Daniel and Danny Mandell